TX USAW - Central Region Tournament Schedule
- Tournaments are optional and each wrestler and parents decide which tournaments to attend.
- Our belief is that the more mat time and experience the wrestler can get, the better.
- The Club will choose certain tournaments to attend as a team with the coaches.
- The Club will announce the tournaments the team will be attending with coaches at the parent's meeting during the first practice of the season.
- Wrestlers can attend any tournament, even if the team does not.
The TX USAW Age, Division, and Experience Level Certification Form is required and will be completed during Club Registration that is used to group wrestlers for tournaments.
Wrestlers are grouped by
- ROOKIE-have never competed in wrestling before
- NOVICE-have only 1 year of experience
- OPEN-have 2 or more years of experience
- Parents are responsible for registering their wrestlers and paying entry fees (typically $15-$25) for tournaments via Track Wrestling.
- You must first register for a TrackWrestling account and get a Number ID for your wrestler.
- Once you have received the Wrestler ID you can sign them up for each tournament they are attending.
- Remember to save the Wrestler ID as you will need it to register for each tournament.
- Click here for directions to sign up for an account with Track Wrestling.
Required Gear and Clothing for Tournaments
- Team Singlet-A team singlet will be issued by the club
- Wrestling Shoes
- Mouthpiece (If wearing braces)
Recommended Clothing and Items
- Team T-Shirt
- Team Sweatshirt or Jacket (if you have one)
- Water Bottle
- Healthy Snacks
- A few bucks (just in case)
- Digital Tablet and/or books (optional)
- Medical Requirements – Medicine, Inhaler, etc…
If your wrestler is going to be participating in tournaments, it would be a good idea to read through the Texas USA Wrestling Youth Folkstyle Rules and Regulations.